Does it bother anyone else when someone tells you ‘ill go vegetarian/vegan when i finish all the meat and dairy i have in the kitchen’ ?
like when i decided to go vegetarian i did it in a split second. i threw away all my meats. i barely ate it anyways. then less than 2 weeks later i went vegan because it grossed me out just as meat did. (the only thing i ate was cheese, milk grossed me out my whole life) i got rid of it. i never thought “meat is disgusting and the dead body of an innocent animal and i never want to eat it ever again, except the few dead caracas’ i have in the freezer” lol.
- brains-in-vats answered: No. It bothers me when they don’t decide to make the ethical choice and go veg at all. I’ll save my criticism for those people. Cheers!
- rhydon-lawnmower answered: I dunno, I couldn’t do it, but I think the thought of making meat TOTALLY wasted by just throwing it out might get to some people.
- theveganslut answered: I did a transition. I gave up meat immediately, but I hardly ate it anyway. Then I started cutting back on diary. It worked for me.
- fifisexorama answered: im one of the people finishing stuff off. I have fish & cheese. I’ve felt conflicted but many vegan friends said it was a slow process
- swingerghostmingleparty answered: doing the transition at once could even make the body go into shock if not done right so weaning off and such in preparation is also logical
- the-laststarleftinheaven likes this
- chocolatechilipepper answered: No. That’s what I did and it worked well. I don’t believe in wasting bought food just to change a lifestyle a few meals faster.
- ertsbertneybertch answered: Sow transitions are easier for some people, and the long-run is what matters. There’s no point wasting food that you’ve already bought.
- kelbots answered: Yeah- I set a date and had most of my favorite things eaten by then; but I lived with 3 vegetarians who were more than happy to help me out.
- texturepresence answered: Unless, maybe, they already put their money into buying that food so it was eat it or go hungry until they could afford to buy more food.
- vulcansexparty reblogged this from anogoodrabblerouser and added:
- anogoodrabblerouser reblogged this from fknkatiee and added:
- fknkatiee posted this